Currently, I am an Entertainment Reporter at Vox Media’s Polygon. Previously, I was an Editorial Intern. I primarily write about TV shows and movies, but also dabble in video game writing and pieces about online spaces.
Sometimes they’re serious, sometimes they’re funny, but they always aim to go deeper.
All articles can be found here.
Some highlights include:
- The abandoned X-Men movie of the 1980s isn’t missed by anyone involved
- Every Disney direct-to-video sequel, prequel, and mid-quel, ranked
- How one teen on DeviantArt sparked lifelong dating sim obsessions
- Twilight’s resurgence as a meme sparks another fight for fan legitimacy
- For AO3, the fanfiction haven, a Hugo nomination is a long time coming
- Crawl is the best alligators-attack-during-a-hurricane disaster movie ever
- Breaking down Netflix’s Love, Death, and Robots by quantities of love, death, and robots
- The new Grinch movie wrecked me
- Rilakkuma and Kaoru is a delightful, magical slice of life
- Lost Words is a journey through a young girl’s journal and imagination
- Prince of Egypt director Brenda Chapman: ‘We wanted to do something that reached more adults’
- Why She-Ra’s showrunner made Catra and Adora the focus of the Netflix reboot
- The ultimatum that saved The Little Mermaid’s iconic ‘Part of Your World’