Currently, I am an Entertainment Reporter at Vox Media’s Polygon. I primarily write about TV shows and movies, but also dabble in video game writing and pieces about online spaces.
Sometimes they’re serious, sometimes they’re funny, but they always aim to go deeper.
All articles can be found here.
Some highlights include:
- The abandoned X-Men movie of the 1980s isn’t missed by anyone involved
- Every Disney direct-to-video sequel, prequel, and mid-quel, ranked
- How one teen on DeviantArt sparked lifelong dating sim obsessions
- Twilight’s resurgence as a meme sparks another fight for fan legitimacy
- For AO3, the fanfiction haven, a Hugo nomination is a long time coming
- Fruits Basket perfectly sums up ‘the mortifying ordeal of being known’
- The Road to El Dorado survived bad reviews, financial failure, and shitposting
- Criminal Minds was my show and it was never supposed to end
- The Great Movie Ride was the first time I experienced ‘Disney magic’
- The polarized reactions to Pixar’s ‘Bao’ are rooted in culture
- The Midnight Gospel is not an adult Adventure Time, except it totally is
- Netflix’s Never Have I Ever turns a bizarre cameo into a poignant statement
- Hulu’s Looking for Alaska overcomes 15 years of contentious John Green fandom